Bring the buckets!


There are several young shows that I like a lot.  I’m a horror guy.  One type of horror movie I never cared for were the ones where mentally disturbed humans were the enemy or monster.  I grew up in a tough environment and most of my friends were 6ft tall in 5th grade so when we place ourselves in those types of movies, we don’t think the movie would last long.  Michael Myers wouldn’t make it in our hood but Jason might. 

Paranormal, mutations, and actual monsters were the way to go if you wanted a flinch out of us.  We were huge fans of Chucky, literally Chucky as in we would be buddies with him (I like the puppets of Puppet Master too).  The movies that were scary as hell to me were the classics like Hellraiser and The Exorcist 1973.  HR was super edgy to me because if I found a box like that lying around, I would have made the same mistake (the part I recall the most is how shiny the box was, how dirty his nails were, and how familiar the vendor's voice was when I finally saw one of my favorite films Big Trouble in Little China)   

The Exorcist, although it was released before my birth, had this sound to it that was just as creepy as the scenes.  The creepiest scene of The Exorcist, in my opinion, was when she walked down the stairs like a spider.  

The Omen, the nanny’s suicide was a like culture shock to me, I was 6 when I saw that part and I said “Oh shit!” when she shattered the window behind her.  The window is the most important part to me because it helped me realize that detail is everything.  Yes, there are plenty of movies with people hanging themselves, but the nanny swinging back into the window was genius. 


I miss practical props and stunts.  I get irritated when I see movies or shows with bad CGI effects, it grinds my gears and I can’t stand to watch it even if the story is good.  What the filmmakers over the decades didn’t consider was the revelation power of 4k and better.  It’s to the point that I purposely don’t stream at high definition so that I can retain the feel of a film.  I want to feel like I’m watching a movie, not the news. 

As a Writer, Producer, and above all a Perfectionist my goal is to transition practical props and stunts into 4k and better to keep things looking as realistic as possible.  It’s time to bring the meat and pig flesh back into production.  Yes, actors can fake gagging but why fake it when we can make it? 
I aim to make films with an everlasting purpose that not only are supernatural horrors but also touch real non-political issues that can motivate a real-life movement to better society.  Motivate society using horror films, hmm?  Welcome to my show



Comments